Raw Chocolate Fudge
- ½ cup coconut oil (use expeller pressed for non-coconut taste)
- ½ cup cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- ¼ to ½ cup maple syrup (or honey, or a little stevia)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of sea salt
- optional: ¼ cup almond butter (or sunflower butter, hazelnut butter)
- optional: ¾ cup chopped walnuts (or hazelnuts)
- This fudge can be mixed in a bowl with a spatula, or blended together in a food processor.
- Start with softened coconut oil, so it is easy to mix by hand. You can put the ½ cup of coconut oil into a warm oven for a few minutes to help soften it, or if you are using a food processor the blending action will soften it.
- Mix coconut oil and cacao together first, then add in remaining ingredients (except for chopped nuts).
- Spoon fudge into a small squash dish lined with parchment paper or saran wrap.
- Add in chopped nuts.
- Place in the freezer for 1 hour to firm up. Can then be cut up and wrapped in individual squares. Fudge will need to be stored in the fridge or freezer, as it will get soft when left out at room temperature.
Shared at: Real Food Fridays + Gluten Free Christmas Treat Link Up + Gluten Free Fridays + Weekend Recipe Link Up + Allergy Free Wednesday + Gluten Free Recipe Fix: Holiday Edition + Savoring Saturdays