I am so excited! I FINALLY cracked the code on creating the perfect grain free, vegan, paleo, strach free, egg free CHOCOLATE CAKE!
It’s rich. It’s moist. And it makes fabulous (paleo/starch free) cupcakes!! I also baked it in my donut pan to create 6 large donuts – though I do think the best application is as cupcakes – but don’t my Sea Salt Caramel Chocolate Donuts look fabulous!? I have included instructions to make them both ways, down below!
I am also super excited as I got to give away a Dandy Blend Prize Pack!
CONTEST OVER, winner announced below on Aug 1 2014.
Dandy Blend has become such a staple in my kitchen (and on the road), that I forget other people haven’t ever tried it! I am one of those people who is just better off without coffee. It burns my stomach and makes me feel depleted late in the day. Don’t get me wrong, I still love the smell of rich roasted coffee brewing, and I do love the taste too! But I don’t love the way it makes me feel. And this is where Dandy Blend Instant Lattes come to my rescue. I never leave home for a weekend at the cabin or around the campfire without my Dandy Blend. When everyone else is drinking coffee, and I get that urge to fill my cup with joe, I just fill it with some hot water instead and whisk in a spoon of Dandy Blend for a rich and satisfying “latte”.
The folks at Dandy Blend were kind enough to let me giveaway a 7 oz bag (contest ended Aug. 1, 2014), which is enough for 100 servings! And each serving is only 7 calories. It is awesome hot or cold, with hot water and a splash of coconut milk, or stirred into a cold glass of homemade almond milk and poured over ice.
Dandy Blend is an herbal stimulant that is caffeine free, and well known for helping many kick the coffee habit. You can read all about it here.
And you can order a sample of Dandy Blend to try for yourself for just $1 on the Dandy Blend website.
$1 will get you 2 samples! Click here to order.
Chocolate Cupcakes & Donuts Paleo/Vegan
I consider this recipe to be PERFECT for grain free/starch free/egg free cupcakes! I also had fun making it into donuts!
Chocolate Cupcakes and Donuts Paleo/Vegan
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil (softened)
- 1/2 cup cacao or cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons ground chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (plus 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- Set oven to 350*F
- Mash all the ingredients together. I use a large bowl and a fork.
- Once everything is well combined into a batter, spoon into 10 cupcake liners or into a donut pan (see here)
- For cupcakes bake 16 to 20 minutes (until a toothpick comes out clean). For donuts bake 13 to 15 minutes.
- Choose from the icing recipes below for German Chocolate Frosting or see this post for the Sea Salt Caramel.
- NOTE: if making donuts, be sure to let them cool before handling them! Also GREASE the donut pan well!! Without the eggs or grains, they are more crumbly then your average donut. I also do Not think they will hold together well in a mini donut maker (like a waffle maker) but they do bake up nicely in a donut pan like this one. Though they hold together best as cupcakes.
Raw German Chocolate Frosting
- 1 cup dried coconut
- ½ cup pecans or walnuts
- ½ cup medjool dates
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ to ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (plus 1/4 teaspoon almond extract)
- Pinch sea salt
- Blend together and adjust ingredients as needed.
- Spoon over cupcakes.
- Cupcakes can be kept frozen, you know to have on hand in case of emergencies.
Coco Chenot won Dandy Blend Giveaway, and she was notified August 2014.
Recipe Featured on Allergy Free Wednesdays and Healthy, Happy, Green Natural Party Blog Hop