They are finally here! Betty’s Nut Sacks, or also called Nut Milk Bags! They are my 2nd favorite kitchen tool/gadget ever, 2nd only to the Vitamix which will always be in 1st place. And these bags are like a BFF to the Vitamix, or any blender really. Click here to purchase your own Nut Milk Bag!
I honestly can’t believe how much use I get out of this little nut sack! I use it a few times per week to make fresh almond & hazelnut milks. I also use it when on a juice fast, as I much prefer juicing with my Vitamix and this nut sack more than using my actual fancy juicer. True story! Read more here. I also use this bag for making fast & easy fresh cauliflower “rice”, and for straining my homemade soup stocks, especially my Raw Tom Kha.
I am now selling these handy dandy nut milk sacks direct! Just click here to get your own bag! Also included with each bag is a useful little guide with some of my favorite recipes! I have tried and tested many a nut sack, and I honestly truly believe these are the best sacks on the market! They are cut on the bias, so there is a natural give & gentle stretch to the fine nylon mesh when straining. They are industrial strength, machine washable (I have even run them through the dishwasher). For the most part I just rinse with water after use and hang dry, as they dry so quickly, and won’t harbor bacteria like a lot of other sacks on the market.
A Few Reasons why I ♥ DIY Almond Milk:
1. It is so decadent and delicious
2. It is the cheaper than anything store bought
3. There are no nasty stabilizers, preservatives, or gut irritants like carrageenan or guar gum added
4. The by product of making nut milk, is the beautiful like and fluffy nut pulp (wet flour) that is left over. It can be used in countless recipes (see below)
5. It only take a few minutes at most to make a fresh quart of milk
6. Raw chocolate hazelnut milk smoothies are the bomb!
7. It is truly a “raw” and vibrant milk unlike the processed stuff in the carton.
8. Cuts down on waste & packaging associated with the stuff made in a factory
9. Drinking freshly made milks make me feel good
10. I love sharing fresh nutrient dense smoothies with friends
11. There are no added sweeteners or refined sugars, you get to sweeten how ever you like!
12. You KNOW its Non-Gmo
13. Making things from scratch makes you appreciate them more
14. And most important, no creatures were hurt or suffering in the making of this milk!
Basic Almond Milk Recipe:
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 4 cups water
Ideally you want to soak your almonds for 8 to 12 hours in water at room temperature to activate the sprouting process. But if you don’t have time to soak you nuts, don’t sweat it, you can still make fabulous nut milk.
Blend almonds with 4 cups water on high in a blender. Hold the nut milk bag open with one hand over a bowl, and pour the almond milk into the bag. Twist the top of the bag shut, and gently squeeze out the fresh almond milk. Use the left over nut milk pulp in a variety of different raw recipes. Pour the fresh decadent almond milk into a quart jar and store in the fridge. Sweeten to your liking.
Blog post also featured on: