I have always enjoyed including this in my cooking & un-cooking classes, as it never ceases to amaze people. I also love chocolate, especially dark raw cacao when it forms a crunchy magic shell over my refreshing anti-oxidant loaded energizing desserts. Be sure to make this Instant Ice Cream so you can try out this Magic Shell!
- 2 Tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- optional: sweetener of your choice (1 teaspoon maple syrup or 1-2 drops stevia)
- optional: pinch of sea salt
- Fill a small saucepan with water, so that the water goes about 1 inch high. Heat the water over medium-high heat.
- Put all of the magic shell ingredients together into a small jelly jar. Then put the jelly jar into the saucepan of hot water. (Mixing the chocolate sauce together in a small jelly jar will make clean-up so much easier.)
- Stir the ingredients together, as they melt together, until you have a chocolate sauce. (try not to let it get too hot)
- Then turn off the heat, and remove the jelly jar.
- Spoon the chocolate sauce over ice cream, and it will firm up almost instantly. The magic happens because the coconut oil will firm up when it hits a cold surface.
- If you make a larger batch of chocolate sauce, you can cover the jelly jar, refrigerate it, and then heat it up in a pot of water again when you are ready to enjoy another sundae.
- This magic shell is the perfect topping on my instant ice cream recipe, see here.
Click here for my favorite Instant Ice Cream Recipe!
Shared on Allergy Free Wednesday