Three Words: Yum. Yum. Yum.
These raw grain free paleo donut holes are better than the real thing! I promise. For a “nut-free” AIP Paleo version made with “tigernuts” (a tuber, not an actual nut) see my recipe for AIP Paleo Donut Holes.
Cinnamon Sugar Donut Holes
- 1 cup shredded dried unsweetened coconut
- 1/3 cup almonds (if you have time:soaked overnight, skins removed)
- 1 vanilla bean, scraped, or 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 4 medjool dates, pits removed
- 2 TBS coconut nectar, maple syrup, or honey
Add dried coconut to food processor, and process alone for 30 sec to 1 min to release oils. Add in almonds, vanilla, cinnamon, sea salt, process until all mixed & fine. Add in dates process, and then add in honey.
Form into balls with your hands. Roll in coconut sugar & cinnamon coating.
You can eat the as is, freeze, or dehydrate at 115*F overnight.
And thank you to “And Love it Too” for featuring this recipe in this gluten free recipe round-up here and shared at Healthy, Happy, Green & Natural Party Hop and Meatless Mondays and Allergy Free Wednesdays and Gluten Free Fridays