These little raw chocolates will more than satisfy your chocolate cravings! They also pack a wonderful punch of health benefits!
Raw Virgin Organic Coconut Oil has countless benefits that include helping with weight loss, acting as a natural anti-fungal, reducing inflammation, and countless more benefits listed here: http://www.coconutresearchcenter.org/
And Raw Cacao is another super food that provides your body with antioxidant flavonoids, more magnesium than any other known food, and many more feel good benefits listed here: http://livesuperfoods.com/raw-cacao-powder.html
The Simplest Chocolate Truffles
- 1 cup cocoa powder I like using raw cacao powder
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup, coconut nectar, or honey
- 1 cup coconut oil softened
- 2 Tablespoons dried shredded coconut flakes
- 2 Tablespoons chopped hazelnuts
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- get creative with spices, cinnamon, cayenne, ground espresso, sea salt, etc.
Mix first 3 ingredients together in a bowl.
Take a melon baller or spoon to create little round truffle balls with your hands. If mixture gets to sticky to work with, chill in the fridge or freezer for a little bit.
Roll each chocolate ball in the remaining cacao powder, coconut or nuts. Place in freezer until ready to serve.