This creamy key lime smoothie bowl uses fruits often available in the winter and it is a simple take on the key lime pie I also love. But if you are looking for a key lime pie recipe that is sweeter and more in line with a “real” key lime pie, I highly recommend this other key lime pie recipe for a family friendly treat!
Key Lime Smoothie Bowl
- 1/2 cup avocado
- 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup coconut milk (or coconut water)
- 1 cup baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons fresh key lime juice (or organic lime juice)
- zest from 1 lime
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tablespoons sweetener (coconut nectar, honey, or a little stevia)
- 2 tablespoons dried coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate arils
- 1 kiwi, sliced
- Blend avocado, coconut milk, spinach, lime juice, lime zest, vanilla and sweetener together until smooth and creamy.
- You can add a little extra coconut milk until you get the right consistency. And you can add more sweetener if needed.
- Pour into a bowl and garnish with dried coconut flakes, pomegranate, and sliced kiwi.
- And if you are looking for a Vegan, Paleo AIP Key Lime Pie recipe to serve to family and friends this holiday season, be sure to try my actual Key Lime Pie Recipe!
Shared at: Paleo AIP Recipe Roundtable + Savoring Saturdays + Real Food Friday + Allergy Free Wednesday