I have invited some of my friends from the AS Community to share their healing stories, favorite recipes, and journals in hopes of helping to inspire others. Thank you so much Janneke for sharing this recipe!
This green soup is about as basic and flexible as it gets. I’ve been eating it while on the elimination diet and I have to admit that this soup looks better than the plates of beef and broccoli on rice I make for the rest of the family (my husband and children would agree!). The key to this recipe is to get the meat nice and crispy (I’m not saying burnt, but definitely make sure there’s a nice crisp to it!). And then just dress it up as fancy as you’d like. I promise, you’ll inspire those around you to follow in your footsteps! – Janneke
Kick AS Green Soup
- 1/2 pound ground beef (or any other ground meat)
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 3 stalks celery chopped
- 2 cups chicken (bone) broth or water
- 2 pinches salt and pepper if you're not aiming for starch-free
- drizzle of olive oil or avocado oil
- garnish ideas: radish slices, wedges of lemon, fresh parsley, crumbled bacon
- Vegan option: omit beef, sub veggie broth for bone broth.
Fry ground beef until it is crispy and crumbly.
Steam broccoli and chopped celery until fork-tender.
Toss steamed broccoli and celery in a high speed blender along with broth and fresh parsley. Blend until smooth.
Serve soup with fried meat on top, season with salt and drizzle with oil.
Garnish optional but essential if you want to make others jealous of what you’re eating!